Sunday, October 3, 2010

Presidents Schedule

Okay I have got to say that being president should come with some immediate perks. I wouldn't be opposed to an occasional foot rub or some of those little mints that freshen your breath and leave you feeling oh so happy. Oh well. I tried. The good news is that I haven't been kicked out yet. That is good news right? Well here is the schedule that I've been living by lately:

(During the night before I begin feeling really confident that I can face the mornings and get things like excise done in the wee hours of the morning. I then set my alarm clock accordingly.)

6:00 My alarm goes off. I shut of the sound and look at the time. My first thought goes something like this, "Five more minutes and then perhaps I can face life." I then reset my alarm.

6:05 "Nope I'm not ready to be nice yet. How do I shut this fetchin' thing off!? I wake up when I feel like it, I don't care if this is going on the record! I want to sleep!

6:50 Dad proceeds to yell encouraging morning mantras down the air vent which connects to my bedroom. He ends his speech with a call that can only be compared to a moose in sever distress. I roll out of bed with heavy sighs and a fuzzy head.

6:51 I crawl up the stairs and open the door. OUCH THE LIGHT! Why is it so bright up stairs? I curl up on the couch as family life rushes past me. "Steph if you need a nap today I completely understand, in fact lets just say at two this afternoon you'll find a corner and sleep." This is a little speech that I give myself every morning.

7:00 "Dang it I have seminary!"

7:35 "Don't speed, don't speed." I get into the car and race to all of the stop signs. I drum my fingers on the steering wheel and Journey blast on the stereo. How long do red lights honestly need to be?

7:50: Just in time!

9:20: Walk to my dear little car as I think happy and holy thoughts. I get behind the wheel, roll down all the windows, jack the volume on my music and off I head. While passing my teachers office I honk three times. Life is great! "Dang you pedestrian! Learn to wait!" Yep I'm thinking happy and holy thoughts.

9:30-9:55 I quickly do my chore and gather my books.

10:00 I start class. Dang can't the president be late? And no being president doesn't mean you have all of the answers.

11:00 Same as ten except now I can relax a bit. Its my literature class. :)

12:00 With a huge sigh I exit my class room. At last class is done. Wait, why am I so hungry. On examination I realize I haven't had anything to eat at all. Well dang.

12:10 Fat and sassy I head down to my bedroom to do homework..."Maybe one day I'll be excited..."

12:30 After playing around with various ideas I settle down to a book.

1:20 I wake up. Well there was my nap.

From there on my day just gets weirder. By six I'm done. But then I remember that I now have other obligations. At 10:30 I drag my sorry little self to bed. Only to have the same things to greet me in the morning. Sigh. Soon I will play hooky.

No comments:

Post a Comment