Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Signs of Life

I'm back! Wow I've let a few cobwebs gather lately... Any way, there is exciting news! I've finished with my first ever vocal recital! The end result was the glory that I thought would come from it. I did have fun but Josh Groban wasn't notified about a young girl with unsurpassed talent. But I will continue to bask in the fact that its over and I can now go back to my career as a show singer.

Life has been full of busy nothings. We will start with the fact that the flu shouldn't be allowed in the United States. Who's idea of fun is that? What type of sick person would wish that on another? Yes I got the flu! I NEVER get the flu! I am elated to report that it is now over and I can continue drawing my designs for a raft that will aide me in my attempts to make it to Hawaii.

I've had a great lazy summer, full of books and cooking. I know many of you remember the time when I cremated the muffins, but I have now over come burning muffins. In atonement of that event I spent an entire week cooking every meal! You may all call me Chief Wonderful now. The meals included things like Sweet and Sour Chicken (The families favorite of the week), Almond Rice, Farfalle and Zucchini (my new summer time favorite) and of course we couldn't have a week of me cooking with out one little binge, got a cheep little pizza for the girls so I could go hold signs for Mike Lee. I was busy! I helped my candidate win his primary, fed a family, went to my best friends 17th birthday party and I tried out night time crawdad fishing. Note: Never go nighttime crawdad fishing. You can't see the crawdads but mosquitoes can see you.

Now to the books that I've read. Sense and Sensibility was AMAZING! Pride and Prejudice will always reign supreme but Sense and Sensibility was very good! A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks was a disappointment, the movie beat by a ton! Never read it. To Kill a Mockingbird by Lee Harper was good, I'm going to poster it one of these days...I just have to finalize my ideas on it first. I'm still waiting for that summer time read that will leave me crying. (Wuthering Heights doesn't count. I cried out in anguish and fear...That is one emo book.)

Well that is my account of my where-abouts this summer. I've been trying so hard to think of a witty little something to post earlier but it just hasn't happened. Well if you guys have any ideas on what you'd like to see me write about I'm open to suggestions. If not you can count on an Eclipse post eventually.

Love always, Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment