Thursday, April 1, 2010

Birds of a Feather





Spring! One of my favorite times of the year! Out of the four seasons there are three that I love, Spring, Summer, Fall. Spring is perhaps the best out of them all because it gives people hope that one day snow will melt and we will be able to find those Easter eggs that were hidden twice. (Once by the Easter Bunny and then old man winter comes to make sure no one will find those little colored eggs until the smell leads us to them...That can't be good. That is unless it's for a senior home...then they might need the extra help.)

Spring a time of hope and sunshine. Filled with random snow storms and crazy wind. Bugs begin to show up and people don't shake your hand anymore because of there allergies (Which I see as a blessing. I wasn't ever really big with shaking hands). But most importantly you actually get to wear flip-flops!

There is just one painful part of Spring that I don't think can be avoided. What is worse then colored sugar, gooeyness? Yes I am talking about Peeps. Little marshmallows covered with crunchy sugar that has been colored according to the mood of the manager. I mean who's heard of blue chicks? I don't know about you, but where I come from a blue chicken covered in crusties is probably diseased and shouldn't be consumed.

Or what about a green peep. I can't help but think of the imagery commonly found about someone being a green color when they are really sick. I don't want to stick the avian flu in my mouth and chomp down! But that is just my thoughts a deadly pandemic.

The pink peep is the hottest pink I've seen in ages! It reminds me of pepto bismol. You know what if it is a type of medication?! What if it's the antidote for the green peep! Well if that's true than you'd have to by both pink and green peeps because you wouldn't want to take the medicine for nothing. Wow what a way to sell a product, making them by two things so they don't die from just one!

Yellow peep. Well you see the yellow peep is the only one I have found that doesn't have a potentially deadly illness hidden inside of it. Symbolism for the color yellow is happiness and hope, so they could be taken as an antidepressant, which is all fine and well until your teeth begin to get cavities and you gain weight. So I'd use them with discretion (That is unless you want to become better friends with the dentist).

Did you know that the color purple it's self is in fact a language! Yep when people refer to a purple prose they mean: exaggeration or colorful lies. Or it they say 'what a purple cow' they mean: Something remarkable or eye-catching. Since we are talking peeps it is only to be expected that they are not cows, so I must say that the purple peep is really a purple prose. What if it's telling a colorful lie?! What if it isn't a peep but a piece of spy-wear created by the government to help see what we are eating so that they can have a bit more evidence that we do need the health care bill! Don't tell anyone that I tipped you off on it....

I don't even want to get started with the bunny peeps. They look like hippies! Since when did we decide to sugar coat the hippie legacy?! I just thought I should mention it.

With all of this Easter candy going astray its comforting to know that there is still one candy that is still a symbol of sugar and joy and that is (wait for it) Cadbury Easter eggs! The inspiration for Charley and the Chocolate Factory! Its true Rhold Dahl fell in love with Cadbury chocolate and wanted to write a book about it. So there you go, fact about my favorite book and about peeps, the disgrace to the marshmallow family.

1 comment:

  1. Cadbury chocolate is amazing. Cadbury eggs are kind of a nasty concept: eating raw eggs? For that matter, eggs are kind of nasty: eating baby chickens and baby chicken food? And...don't kill me...peeps are nasty. And by peeps I mean two things: 1) the marshmallow puffs of nastiness, and 2) nasty people (or "peeps"). Don't recommend eating either type. Both are fun to smash in your hand and put in the garbage, though. Or throw at cars. Either way, it's Easter!

    ReplyDelete