Thursday, October 22, 2009

Muffins?

Saturday morning dawned with all of the ingredients for a lovely day. My best friend Jordan had spent the night and we were getting ready for an exciting day with each other. We soon found ourselves hungry for breakfast, so we convinced my Mom to make the batter for muffins and I'd bake them. Things had gone well we had eaten, cleaned up and decided to curl my hair. So we went up stairs to do my hair. My hair is considered a miracle to many in my family for one simple reason, it is extremely thick. But because it is so thick it takes forever to do. We found ourselves in my bathroom two hours later laughing, applying the worst makeup known to womankind, and taking pictures of the epic process it is to curl my very wavy hair,
When Mom came home from her errands we heard my name being yelled from the kitchen, I figured that she just had something to tell me, she did but it wasn't what I expected. I opened the bathroom door and yelled down to her and asked her why she need me. It then became very apparent to my nose that something that wasn't quite right....the last tin of muffins had been forgotten in the oven for three hours! My embarrassment kept me from going to see what they looked like but from what I hear they resembled little black stones in the bottom of the tins. Wow, only I would forget about the muffins for three hours!

5 comments:

  1. A heart-wrenching story about innocence, experience, love, trust, betrayal, and a poor little girl who never baked again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could bake again if I felt enough courage but my family no longer trusts me enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't trust you either...those were some crisp muffins Ethel! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh common Ronda! You know that I have since then had many successful baking attempts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure, Just not as inspiring. Or as tough.

    ReplyDelete